Tuesday, September 10, 2013

So Magical...a Layout by Patricia Basson.

Hello to all of you...

It is once again my pleasure to share with you all a project created with delightful findings from the Zeus and Zoe Etsy shop. I would love to share with you a soft and elegant looking page done with some of the items from my DT stash! My starting point was the purple vintage card in the background, without giving my age away...who can still remember those embossed cards from our youth? I opened it up to create a background for my photo. I cut the bottom of the the left side cup and placed it at the bottom left corner as a holder for my Manor House Creation flowers.





I saw a most amazing project on Pinterest with rolled book pages and that inspired me to create this rolled effect.





This is a page that one will have to take and twist and turn to get the full effect of the embellishment...



I did a bit of stencilling with some Mica from Lindy's Stampgang in Oak Leaf Olive mixed with Acrylic Gloss and rubbed a little on my flowers as well. Added a vintage button and stick pin from the Esy Shop. I also used the packaging from Webster to die cut and as strips on the page.



The purple flower form Webster Pages Floral Bouquet went well with the ribbon trim. Some more buttons and stick pins used here as well...

Thank you for reading my post today...Please visit Marivic's Etsy Shop for any of the items that I have used on this page...Till next time
Patricia

It's never safe to be nostalgic about something
 until you're absolutely certain there's no chance
 of its coming back. 
 ~Bill Vaughn~

7 comments:

Suman Pandit said...

gorgeous layout, Patricia!!love the rolled paper effect!!
http://www.kalasirjana.blogspot.in/

Unknown said...

Love the rolled paper going down the page....brilliant.

I adore all the flowers and anything in purple is just awesome.

The flowers are beautiful and I love the button you added.
Beautiful layout!!

Happy Crafting
Tracie
http://homeofthepurskey.blogspot.com

Val-Belle said...

Beautiful layout and I love the rolled flowers.... Looks like a big bow... gorgeous photo and I love what you did with the embossed card. Too clever and you end up with a stunning layout.

Margaret Mifsud said...

This is awesome Patricia!! Love the stamping and the stencilling and those rolled strips are just gorgeous. Love it all!! A really stunning page. ox

Artnova said...

Świetna, bardzo mi się podoba "warstwowa kokarda" z papieru.Super pomysł.Pozdrawiam.

Helen Wallace said...

Beautiful page...yes I am old enough to remember!!! Still looks wonderful to me. The rolled pieces add so much texture and dimension...inspirational :)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous page Patricia! Love the rolled paper..So much details! Thanks!!