Thursday, September 26, 2013

Shabby Chic Altered Dresser


 Good Morning crafting friends...Patricia Basson with you again...

This month we have a most gorgeous Inspiration Board at Zeus and Zoe filled with beautiful soft and elegant images! In keeping with the Shabby Chic colours of pink and cream, I took a toy dresser and transformed it into a elegant dresser ready to brighten up a Victorian Dolls House...



The frame is made from a Chipboard frame and some mirrored foil.







I sacrificed one of my large Dollies from my DT stash, cut it up and used various pieces on the dresser and still have much left for future projects. 







The Vintage Locket, Button and Fish ornament are also from my DT Stash. All is available from the Zeus and Zoe Etsy shop.I also used one of the stick pins, thinking it looks like a vintage perfume bottle nestled between the flowers!
~~~



This is what the wooden dresser looked like before.



I painted a base coat of pink acrylic paint and when dried painted a crackle medium over it. After dying overnight it was painted with the cream paint. The crackle medium resulted it the cracks of the cream paint revealing the pink under coat!

Thank you for taking the time to visit my post...I hope I have inspired you to try your hand at the Inspiration Board as well...

3 comments:

Margaret Mifsud said...

Wow!! Patricia I love what you've done with this little dresser. It is totally gorgeous. Love the bits of doily you've draped everywhere and with the crackle finish it looks like an actual vintage piece. Absolutely beautiful!! ox

Sandie said...

Adorable Patricia!!!

Unknown said...

So gorgeous Patricia! All the details are amazing..Love how you altered the drawers to make it look "old"..Great job!