Friday, September 20, 2013

Altered Eiffel Tower

Hi everyone, or should I say Bonjour :-).  Jen here, hope everyone is having a good month so far. Thanks for joining me today for my mid month project. I have loved our theme this month so far, using pretty pastel colours. I decided to do something a bit different for this project and altered an Eiffel Tower that I picked up from a local shop. 

When I bought the Eiffel Tower is was a black metal, I knew I wanted to shabby it up a bit so this theme was perfect.


I gave to Tower a couple of coats of Gesso to prime it. This stage took me a few days. I then used some pastel pink acrylic paint to give it the effect that I wanted. I used a round cake tray as the base, glued on some Kaisercaft paper. I used doily and brick stencils to add some texture to the base. These were both from Crafters Workshop.


I added one of Marivic's stunning tags to the second level of the tower, it fit my Parisian theme perfectly. The pink doily and the metal flower from my DT kit were perfect additions. The flower was originally red, I gave it a coat of Gesso and some pink paint.


The metal locket embellishment was also in my DT kit and available in the Etsy store.



The trees and vintage Parisian ladies were downloaded from the internet and glued on to the base. I used cocktail sticks to give them some extra stability. The beautiful lilac trim is also available in the Etsy store.


Another close up of Marivic's tag. I love these handmade tags. The photo underneath shows the 3D dimension added to it.

.
Thanks for joining me this month and taking the time to look at my Eiffel Tower and Parisian street scene.

Until next month.

Jen xxx





2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so gorgeous Jennifer! I really love it..love how you created the diorama effect. Thank you!

nicollelovesscrapbooking.blogspot.com said...

Wow amazing projects!