Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A lace background on a canvas by Yvonne Yam


If you are just starting on your mixed media journey, consider using lace to create beautiful textures on your background instead of creating a background from scratch.


I adhered lace on my 8 x 8 canvas, then added colours with watersoluble crayons. Some PearlEx was added to create a sheen.


I did have fun applying mediums to my chipboard lovebirds to create textures.


Then I added gorgeous vintage buttons from the Zeus and Zoe store. You can see that I couldn't decide which ones to use so I used them all! *winks*

Try using lace for the base of your next canvas...share your link in the comments so that I can come take a look!  Cheers, Yvonne.

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Wow lace is so beautiful to add texture to a back ground and it would be a good way to use those scraps that are not big enough for anything.. thanks for the inspiration!

sandi said...

This is just beautiful!!!! That background is simply amazing! Love the color and texture!

Unknown said...

I love this Yvonne! The texture is just so amazing! Thanks!!