Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Welcome to our September GD..Emmy van de Heuvel


                 




My name is Emilia van den Heuvel and I’m a Bulgarian girl, living and working out of the Netherlands. I grew up in the beautiful capital of Bulgaria – Sofia and being a city girl is kind of in my blood. My mom filled our house with books and painting and art journals and she thought me to love all things crafty and artsy.
Before I moved to the Netherlands to be with my husband, I was working as a vet and now I’m a part-time translator, a full-time mommy to my amazing munchkins – Theo and Elise and a passionate crafter. In my spare time you will find me behind my crafty table, reading a book or visiting the next magical place with my family.
I started scrapbooking in 2004 after my first child was born. I think it is the perfect way of preserving our memories. Every single one of my pages is telling a story, which will always remind my children who they are and who we were as a family.
If you wish to see more of my creations, please visit my blog: http://few-favourite-things.blogspot.nl/
Here is Emilia's project for Zeus and Zoe


I started with a while cardstock, a masking template and a doily stamp. To mask the large doily on my background I used Panpastels. Then I stamped the smaller doily with Jenni Bowlin "Lemon Drops" Acrilic Pain Dabber {incl. in my kit}.
After it was dry, I drew the frame around it and spattered a bit of Glimmer Mist to create the artsy effect. 





After it was dry, I drew the frame around it and spattered a bit of Glimmer Mist to create the artsy effect. 

Then I begun arranging my papers. I layered the picture on a few layers of pattern paper and distressed their edges. 

I colored the large white ribbon from my kit with the yellow paint dabber and added it under the picture. My main goal was to create a layout to display the wonderful hand made tag, by using matching embellishments and similar colors {all combined in a beautiful kit from Marivic}.  

I cut out the small fabric flowers from piece of ribbon and added a pearl in the middle. 

To finish off my page I used washi tape and a lot of pearls and die-cut swirls.








First I covered my base with Jenni Bowlin "Lemon Drops" Acrilic Pain Dabber. Then, using the Spellbinders Gold Labels die I cut three layers of patter paper. I adhered the first two layers with 3d tape to the card base and I cut out the middle part of the smallest one to achieve a window-like effect. Then I adhered the lovely embroidery from my kit and cut out the excessive part. 

I added flowers, chippies and glitter glue to finish off my design.

THANK YOU EMMY! WE LOVE YOUR WORK!!







2 comments:

Lizzy Hill said...

Love the bg to your LO - you've inspired me to get out my yellows:):) And the card using the vintage doily....SENSATIONAL:):)

Patricia said...

Welcome Emilia...
I'm loving the awesome bright and colourful projects you created!Your little Elise is just adorably sweet! The card with the embroidered piece is such a clever design!Hope to see more of your gorgeous projects soon!