Monday, February 10, 2014

By the sea

"By the sea"
I started with a blank canvas and by adding some beautiful lace,spray inks, flowers and vintage buttons from the Zeus and Zoe store was able to create this gorgeous canvas.

I started by gluing pieces of lace and vintage doilies down to the canvas.I the added more texture by applying hot glue to the canvas. the next step was to start spraying many different colors of ink to create a nice patina. Once that was done, I used the packaging from the Prima flowers to make the banner. I simply cut triangles from the cardstock and distressed the edges and added a little ink.


 I then added some string and trimmed some of the decorations from a vintage doily.


 I added some flowers and beads from the Zeus and zoe store.


And even more lace and pieces of doilies.




This is my completed project just filled with texture and color!
what do you think?
head over to the Zeus and Zoe store to get your self some awesome goodies to create with!

8 comments:

Monica said...

Gorgeous!!!!! love what you created.

The Craftin Mama said...

Awesome job! I love working with hot glue!

The Craftin Mama said...

Awesome job! I love working with hot glue!

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Kristie!!!

Words and Pictures said...

Stunning!
Alison x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Kristie,

Incredible page! Truly love the colors and the background is to die for! Thank you!!