Saturday, October 26, 2013

Young at Heart Layout by Jen Waugh


Hi everyone, Jen here again with my second project for October. I realised that I hadn't done a layout during my term so decided that with Halloween just around the corner, I would do bit of a "dark" project. The colours are still within the Zeus and Zoe October "Steamchic" theme for this month.


I used the Polish paper manufacturer UHK Designs on my layout and the collection is My Dear Watson.


I added some lace and vintage buttons from my DT pack, I loved how the buttons complimented my colour scheme.


I loved this industrial chic metal charm from my pack and knew it would look great on my layout. The flower is from Manor House Creations and was included in my pack.


To get the textured effect, I used a Kaiser Craft mask with some texture paste. I sprayed with Tattered Angels mist in Sand Beige. Once that was dry I accentuated some of the masking with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye. I also used this to ink my distressed edges.

I heat embossed my 2 Crafty Chipboard with black embossing powder to get the metallic effect. The title sticker is from Prima.




Thanks for joining me in my last post for October. Have a safe and enjoyable Halloween weekend. See you all next month.

Jen xxx

P.S The young girl in the photo is in fact me taken during my "goth" phase in the late 80's ;-)




3 comments:

Patricia said...

I can't believe that's you Jennifer!!! Such an enchanting photo!! You did well with this page and I am loving it...love the black accents, and the metal charm gives it just the right amount of steam punkish feeling!!!

Monica said...

Cool photo. This is a great page!

Unknown said...

Love how you combined the steamy-chic on this page! Love the photo too!

Thank you Jen!!