Monday, October 7, 2013

October Guest Designer...Valia





"My name is Valia Katzaki and I am a scrapper from Greece. I started scrapping a couple of years ago and it was love at first sight. I consider my style to be shabby chic but I believe that each scrapper is always evolving, so I like to try new techniques and materials. I love creating LOs with lots of flowers and embellishments but I try to keep a masculine approach - after all I am a boy's mom! Visit me at: 







I will show you a layout I made using Marivic's lovely tag. I have a thing for vintage babies and as soon as I saw the tag in my favorite color, I knew how I would use it. I printed in sepia a photo of my youngest son and placed it above the tag. I surrounded it with flowers and I used lace between the two papers, materials that were already on the tag, in order to achieve harmony on my page. On the left of my page I did some masking with modeling paste. At first I placed my mask on top of the paper, I secured it with some washi tape and then inked with Broken China distress ink. Immediately after that I placed a generous amount of light modeling paste on my mask and with circular motions I rub it on my design. Thus, the modeling paste gets colored from my ink and the generous amount of paste creates uneven heights in my masked design. On the bottom left a small cluster was made of the same elements, for balance. I hope you like it!"

Valia will be back later on this month to show you other projects she made for Zeus and Zoe.

Thank you Valia!! We love your page!!

1 comment:

Helen Wallace said...

So soft and delicate a page for this darling bubba. Lovely work :)