Friday, April 19, 2013

Victorian Wall Decor



Happy Friday everyone, I hope you've had a fabulous week!!  Today I have a sweet Victorian wall hanger to share with you that I put together using my gorgeous Zeus and Zoe kit.  


The inspiration for this piece came from this beautiful calender image included in my kit.   Aren't these two just the cutest!!



To keep with the Victorian feel that I was going for, I chose to use an oval frame.  I turned it backwards to create a shadowbox and simply cut the image to fit inside



For a nice finished look I added trim around the edge of the frame.  The sequenced trim I used from my kit was a gorgeous blue but it didn't work with my design so I applied a layer of gesso, then painted over it with fluid acrylic.


To create a base for all of the layers, I cut a frame using my Cricut Frame of Mind Cartridge.  The beautiful KaiserCraft papers in my kit were just perfect.  All I had to do was ink them up a little bit.


Once the frame was on, I was able to start having fun with all the layers.  I used beautiful lace, crotchet trim, ruffle trim, a crotchet doily, beads, buttons and ScrapFX chippies all from my Zeus and Zoe kit.  Marivic's kits really come jam packed with a huge variety of items for your creating pleasure.  She can even make you a custom kit based on your style.  All you have to do is contact her and let her know what you're looking for.



Here's a closer look at the distressing I did on the key chippie.  This is layers of embossing powders, crackle and acrylic paints.  I just kept layering until I was happy with the look.


For a splash of color and whimsy I added a large butterfly.  I also mixed in some K&Company pieces and some ribbon from my stash to complete my design.


 To create the hanger, I used some beautiful May Arts ribbon.  I really love the mix of velvet and crotchet trim on their ribbons.  Zeus and Zoe carries a large variety of these gorgeous May Arts ribbon, go check them out.

Be sure to visit the Zeus and Zoe online store to pick up some of these gorgeous products for your next project.  Oh and don't forget, we still have a fun challenge going on right now!  Click HERE to find out all about it!!

Thank you for stopping by and for all of your sweet comments, enjoy your weekend!!

Adios :D

8 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Wow! Amazing hanging!

Denise van Deventer said...

This is really gorgeous Norma and the layering and detail is soooo fabulous! Beautiful work! ;-)

Cindy deRosier said...

Very nice! I love your attention to detail - there's so much to see and it's all so well-balanced.

Unknown said...

Very Pretty Norma!!

I love the victorian theme and all the little details you added to it.

Thank you!!

Fleursbydesign said...

So pretty, love all the details :)

Sandie said...

What a beauty, so gorgeous in detail, and certainly vintage plus. Beautiful....

Riikka Kovasin said...

Love all the details and the layering!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Absolutely stunning vintage piece with so many amazing details!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/