Friday, April 26, 2013

Heritage Page by Denise van Deventer

Hello Everyone

Well the weekend is almost upon us and I am sure you are looking forward to it, as much as I am! ;-)

I have a heritage page to share with you today - Dad & Us.


This is a photo of my Dad and us 3 kids.  This was taken when I was about 7 years old. I just know that we were going to a function and we were all dressed up for the occasion. Don't we look spiffy?

I loved using the Zeus and Zoe crocheted round, buttons and text paper, as they really added to the heritage look and feel. The trim under the photo is May Arts trim and is really soooo divine! You will see I also did some  stencilling with gesso and here I used a beautiful DecoArt classic stencil.



Please check out the Zeus and Zoe Etsy store here, where you will find these wonderful crafting goodies.

Have a super weekend.
Denise x

8 comments:

Helen Wallace said...

A beautiful vintage photo and I like the muted tones you used. Specially like the crochet embellie and your clustering :)

Lizzy Hill said...

I really like that 'lace' flower & your little pieces tucked under here & there ...& yes, you look VERY 'spiffy'!!!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Thanks Helen and Lizzy!! Much appreciated! ;-)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really beautiful and lovely, peaceful colors!

juscrap said...

This is sooo beautiful!

Patricia said...

You'll know that I would love the distressed edges...and the colour palette is gorgeous!!! Great LO Denise!

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a beautiful heritage page! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great job Denise! What a great LO to show off the picture of your Dad..Thank you!