Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March Challenge Project - When Life Really Begins

Hello everyone, Norma here!!  I'm so happy to be here with you today to share my very first Zeus and Zoe project.  This month we are challenging you to create a "New Beginnings" themed project using a mask or stencil.

So for my take on the challenge, I created a 12x12 mixed media canvas inspired by this beautiful Barbara Deangelis quote,"The moment in between what you once were, and who you are becoming, is when the dance of life Really Begins".  

To create my canvas, I started out by adhering handwritten vintage letters and sewing patterns from my Zeus and Zoe kit.  Next I added the flourishes with molding paste and a DecoArt Spiral Scroll stencil.  Once the molding paste was dry, I painted over the entire canvas with acrylic paint.   Then I fussy cut the birds and flowers from the KaiserCraft, Sweet Nothings Collection - Devoted patterned paper that came in my Zeus and Zoe kit and highlighted with a wash of  DecoArt Twinkles craft paint. 

I found this beautiful vintage photo on Magic Moonlight Freebies.  What I really liked about the photo is that she looks so happy, don't you think.....like she's very happy with where she is in her life.  I thought she matched the quote perfectly.  So I matted the photo with KaiserCraft, Sweet Nothings Collection - Devoted patterned paper and some beautiful embroidered lace from my Zeus and Zoe kit.

My kit also contained beautiful Manor House Fantasy Moonlight flowers and a piece of butterfly printed canvas that went perfectly with my design.  I fussy cut one of the butterflies and a flower from Designs Galore - French Floral Text patterned paper (also from my kit).  Then added more of the Twinkles craft paint to all of the flowers and the butterfly for some added sparkle (cause you can never have to much, lol).

To bring everything together, I added some of Zeus and Zoe's beautiful velvet lilac ribbon and embroidered flowers.  I also tucked in Prima flowers and bling from my stash.  Next I hand wrote the quote onto the backside of the Kaiser patterned paper, fussy cut and inked.  To complete my design, I added purple paint to the edges.  I really like the way the purple paint frames the composition.  


This month's challenge is sponsored by DecoArt and they've given us some fun prizes to share with you.  So I hope I've inspired you to play along with us in this month's "New Beginnings" challenge!  

To find similar items to what I used on my project, visit the Zeus and Zoe online store and don't forget Marivic can put together a special kit just for you.  So if you have something in mind just let her know!  

Thanks so much for joining me today!  I'm really looking forward to seeing all of your beautiful creations, have a beautiful day!!
  






11 comments:

Zamaline said...

Very beautiful your page with many of the beautiful details, I look forward to has my tour(ballot) to make the challenge!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous work Norma! I love the purple and yellow together and the fussy cut pieces of paper are so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Sandie said...

What a magnificent piece of art, really beautiful...full of so many gorgeous details.

sandi said...

Wow! This is just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Very pretty Norma! Love the color combination you used..Thank you!!

Denise van Deventer said...

Wow...this is gorgeous Norma!!! I really love this...so beautiful and absolutely love the sentiment! ;-)

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Wow!! What an amazing canvas full of fabulous vintage Zeus and Zoe goodies!! Thanks for the inspiration! ~ Blessings, Tracey

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really gorgeous canvas! So bright and positive!

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Goegeous,hugs

Elena Volchkova said...

:) Thank you for this interesting project!

Marina Syskova said...

Tell me please, where I can post my project for this challеnge?