Friday, March 15, 2013

March Challenge - an altered book cover


Hello there! It's Yvonne here. I recently started art journaling in old books and for the March challenge, I altered the cover of my art journaling book.


I started by cutting a window on the cover and some inner pages. I wanted to create some depth for the beautiful Zeus and Zoe embellishments but still wanted for the book to fit nicely on a bookshelf. 


I used the DecoArt stencil along with Golden glass bead medium to create a raised texture on the cover. Then I painted it with DecoArt paint and added some PearlEx for some shimmer.


For the base of the window, I used a vintage birthday card and some pretty embellishments. I also added some swirl chipboard to the cover. All from the Zeus and Zoe store.





5 comments:

Norma Gomez said...

Gorgeous altered book Yvonne, love all the beautiful texture you created.

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really striking! Wow!

Dana Tatar said...

This is stunning Yvonne! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandie said...

Amazing, the texture is so awesome Yvonne, what a fabulous idea!!! TFS

Denise van Deventer said...

Beautiful Yvonne! I love the colouring and fabulous texture of this cover!!!!! Really stunning! ;-)