Friday, November 28, 2014

A captured fairy, vintage coin purse and a Christmas ornaments

Vintage jewelry has always been a part of my life. As a little girl I used to go through a jewelry box full of vintage pieces that my mother got from an old aunt. I'd hold them piece by piece, examine them and imagine where they might have been worn and on what occasion. I can think of no better way to do them justice than to showcase them in a new piece of jewelry and given new life!

In my first piece I captured a fairy sunning herself near her favorite tree! A couple of vintage doily pieces in the background accent the charm pieces that I added to small recycled tin. Then I added a couple of the vintage jewelry pieces to a chain with jump rings. It's a fun piece to wear and will make a great little gift for someone to appreciate.






My second piece is a plain fabric coin purse that I altered by adding a doily adorned with half-back pearls, a piece of dangling beaded trim and a lovely cameo piece to the closure, giving an overall vintage feel to a functional piece.


And finally, I recycled a small wooden tray to make a  Christmas scene ornament. First I lined the tray with a GCD Authentic paper, then I added some vintage ephemera, buttons, jingle bell, small wooden spool, thread bobbin, and a tiny doily.




 I also glued a wooden frame with a vintage image to which I had applied some Ranger Crackle Accent for that 'shattered glass' look. Finally, a little glittery trim, some Stickles and a little Sno-Tex were added for a finishing touch.

A strip of paisley print ribbon was tucked in behind for a tie/holder and  I wove two strips of burlap ribbon to cover the entire surface on the back of the tray, framing it with that natural element. I hope you enjoyed these simple little projects!








1 comment:

TandiArt said...

Wow!!! Love love love them all! but fairy necklace just stole my heart :)