Thursday, August 14, 2014

Best Things Canvas by Dana Tatar


Hi Zeus and Zoe fans! Dana here today sharing a 6x6 canvas that I created with supplies from my Zeus and Zoe Kit. I started with a gorgeous vintage calendar page and went from there. I'm trying to hold on the the last days of Summer and this beautiful image caught my eye.


I primed my burlap canvas and then used acrylic paint to color the background. I covered the paint with a layer of crackle glaze and pearl pen accents.


I sealed the image to my canvas with Mod Podge and added some crocheted flowers from my Zeus and Zoe Kit for a bold pop of orange.


I cut this sentiment from a tag, aged it with Distress Ink and then covered it with a layer of glaze for more dimension. I finished the canvas by wrapping floral trim around the edge.

Thanks for stopping by today! You can pick up a similar kit from the Zeus and Zoe Etsy Shop. Don't forget to enter our August Giveaway. You can find all the details HERE.

3 comments:

Sorry said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marivic Clifton said...

Love it Dana! You did an incredible job!!! Aren't those images so great to work with?!! Thanks!

kate blue said...

wow! love the painted burlap background~all the orangey colors are striking! love it!