Thursday, August 28, 2014

Believe In Your Dreams

Bonjour everyone! I am so excited to share with you my first project(s)  for the Zeus and Zoe design team.

As soon as I received my kit filled with beautiful papers, flowers, vintage lace, trims and awesome embellishments, I was inspired to begin creating!k

For a quick vintage-feel project, I used an empty Pringles chip can, a beautiful sheet of designer paper from the GCD Authentic stack, some pretty flowers, pearl trim and velvet ribbon from the Zeus and Zoe online shop.
 After die-cutting a decorative oval shape I added a vintage image and lovely flowers to tie into the "Tea Time" theme, but the crowning piece, I think, is the lovely decorated cap with its huge pink gardenia from Zeus and Zoe's, A doily die-cut, cherry blossoms and other tiny blooms and embellishments, including a teapot stick pin.





The inside of the cap is simply decorated with a crocheted doily and tiny acrylic dot. The matching tag is bordered with a couple of different lace trims, bright crocheted flower and tiny mulberry roses and flower stem.

For my second project, I recycled a box that I thought would make a great little shadow box. I lined the inside of the box and back side of the box with paper from the Prima Princess collection, added some tiny rosette trim to the inside ends of the box, and just behind the clear plastic front I added a shimmery piece of tulle.

Next I used some Lindy's Flat Fabio in Raspberry Lemonade and Glam Pink Stickles to cover the chipboard word 'Believe'. I added some beautiful velvet ribbon and pink beaded trim and tiny flowers from my DT package which I added to the outside of the shadow box. A gorgeous flowery vine textured with SnoTex also wraps around the left side of the box to the top on the outside.

To the inside of the box I added a decorative doily topped with an inked wood veneer piece topped with a chipboard piece, a chandelier drop charm. Pearl and iridescent acrylic medallion stems hang down in each top corners of the box and a glittered ballerina sits in a bed of Spanish moss that lines the bottom, giving the piece an ethereal, dreamy feel.






 I hope you enjoy my projects, they were so much fun to make!

2 comments:

Tusia Lech said...

How cool is that!

Unknown said...

I love it! So much prettiness!! And I love the color pink! Great job Carole!