Monday, September 15, 2014

Beautiful - mixed media canvas by Zanka

Hey there:)
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!
In my last DT post I hinted that I might continue playing with a self-made background and so I did :)

Today I have a mixed media canvas to show, with the background made from scratch, that is using pieces of vintage papers and magazines which I found in my Z&Z kit.
I adhered the pieces randomly to the canvas using modpodge and I sealed the surface with matte medium.
Then I white-washed the whole background with gesso and added some splashes of colour, coordinated with the colours of the picture wanted to use.



I particularly like the authentic vintage laces which were also included in my kit, here I used pieces of it to add some dimension.


Here you can see the 'work in progress' shot, when the bacground was ready and waiting for the rest of embellishments to arrive:)


Thanks for stopping by at our Zeus and Zoe blog!
DT Zanka

No comments: