Saturday, August 3, 2013

Journal Cover...

Here is another project from our New DT member:






South Africa



Hello all 

I am Patricia Basson from sunny South Africa! Most of the time any ways...we are having our winter season at the moment resulting in cosy days spend inside crafting! I am a mother of three crown up children, some furry cat and dog 'children' and a very understanding husband, understanding in the sense that he knows best to not complain when Dinner is late because I am caught up in my crafts room! I have been Scrap booking since about 2007 with the past three years really getting into the arty side of it. I haven't got a style per se, but love to layer and distress and getting a little into the mixed media frenzy as well. I also love making cards and have dabbled in the altering side as well. Loving to use flowers and embellishments makes me very excited and privileged to be chosen to be on Zeus and Zoe's Design Team, and I am hoping that something of what I do will be an inspiration to some one else!
I am currently on the Design Teams of Imaginarium Designs, Scrap Africa and will also be designing for Tanya Leigh Designz...

Thank you once again to Marivic for including me in her team and I am looking forwards to work alongside my talented fellow team mates.

Patricia





 Good Morning Zeus and Zoe friends. Yeah! At last the day has come that I can post my first project as a new Design Team member!!! I am feeling very privileged that Marivic has accepted my application and I now get to create with lots of goodness from her Etsy Shop and I hope I will be able to inspire you to try some new ideas and techniques.

I have altered an ordinary black hard cover text book and might be giving it as a present or decide to keep it myself.  After priming it with Gesso, I layered some patterned papers, tissue tape and some lace trim onto it. I gave it another thin coating of Gesso and once it was dry, misted it with Clam Bake Beige mist from Lindy's Stampgang.


I added texture paste that I stamped whilst it was still wet. Also added some micro beads and some stencilling with a Crafters Workshop Template. More misting with Glory of the Seas Gold and Wild Honeysuckle Coral.




The backside of the book was also treated. The brown lace is from my DT stash that Marivic has send me.




The centre piece is this beautiful flower...although this is not what it looked like when I got it...I will post a photo at the end of the post in order for you to see that one can alter anything to suit ones style and personality! It was a purple and blue metal flower, but I Gesso'd it and sprayed several layers of  Cockle bells Coral and Violaceous Violet onto it, drying between layers with my heat gun. The canvas circle behind it, the metal leaves and the buttons are all from my DT stash. The metal leaves were just heated and whilst hot, some Stampendous aged Taupe embossing powder was added and heat set.



As with the flower, the buttons were also Gesso'd and misted and some embroidery thread added. 



I hope you enjoyed my first posting as a new Zeus and Zoe member and I'll be back later in the month with some more goodness. If you have never been there before, please visit Marivic's shop and get one of her hand selected project kits or have her create your own personalised kit for you...

Patricia Basson

... 



4 comments:

Cathi ONeill said...

Gorgeous mixed media project!

Marilyn said...

I love this Patricia, the textures are fantastic....gorgeous work!

Valia Katzaki said...

Great work Patricia! I love what you did with the flower!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Fabulous project!