Friday, June 7, 2013

My Favourite Things Canvas

Denise and Norma, from the Zeus and Zoe DT are hosting this months challenge.  The theme is based on the song 'My Favourite Things', by Julie Andrews.  I must admit, I was singing that song over and over in my head after Norma and Denise came up with the theme!!!  You can find all details below this post, and the wonderful prizes that are on offer.

I created a 6" X 6" canvas, using papers of various types and die-cut shapes by Donna Salazar Designs, and incorporated some gorgeous elements from my Zeus and Zoe DT kit - including: Lace, Charms, Necklace Pieces, Pearls, Buttons, Flowers and more.  You can find all the kit goodies for Zeus and Zoe 'HERE'.

I also included journaling on the reverse side listing all of my favourite things, which include, but not limited too....
Rainbows - hence the colour in my canvas
Creativity - scissors, papers
Pearls - Old Necklace
Buttons - oh so many, my collection is huge
Trinkets - Eeep, I'd hate to say how many of these favourite things I have.
Butterflies - a huge favourite
Keys - I have a fascination for them, I have no idea why
Lace - I have been collecting since I was very young
Gold - I should be really rich LOL
Cats -  My best friends for life....

There are many items I did not add :-)
 I had to give the cats some new 'bling' eyes....so cute!
The canvas has some of the gorgeous Donna Salaza Designs textured and plain papers, all ripped and mod- podged into place. 
The colouring was completed using Gesso, Starburst Sprays, and a touch of Gold Shimmer Stick, then lightly sprayed with a sealer to protect.
I gathered some of 'My Favourite Things', and got to work in adhering to the canvas.
My inspiration for this project is from Arlene, From Butterfly Kisses.
 I will be back later in the month with another creation to share, 
till then, hope to see you join in the challenge...
Sandie

Zeus and Zoe Challenge

Hosted by Denise and Norma

Denise's Mood Board of Inspiration
Norma's Mood Board of Inspiration

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Cream colored ponies and crisp apple strudels
Doorbells and sleigh bells and schnitzel with noodles
Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings
These are a few of my favorite things!

Girls in white dresses with blue satin sashes
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eye lashes
Silver white winters that melt into spring
These are a few of my favorite things!

When the dog bites, when the bee stings
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember
my favorite things
and then I don't feel so bad!


Main Prize:

Donna Salazar is a wife, mom, grandma, artist, designer, teacher and kid at heart. Her playful nature tends to come across in her products and classes because she believes that art should be fun. Donna is known for blending contrasting elements to create what she calls her “Girlie Grunge” look. Donna's style is especially appealing to mixed media artists, however her love of flowers and all things sparkly seems to appeal to crafters of all types and styles. 
Donna is a licensed designer and has product lines with 5 different companies: Clearsnap, GCD Studios, Spellbinders, Want2Scrap and Zutter. Donna offers free video tutorials, e-classes and a LIVE webshow, called Tuesday Tutorials, where she gives away lots of prizes from her partner companies and/or original artwork created during the show!
Random Prize



Random Prize An Australian owned and loved brand, Couture Creations is the culmination of 20 years experience in the scrapbooking industry. From its final inception in 2010, Couture Creations has been devoted to producing expertly designed, high quality products overseen by veteran designers and crafters for a result that is both simple and elegant.
Couture Creations is part of Artdeco Creations growing collection of quality craft brands available worldwide. Distributed through a network of the best industry representatives in scrapbooking and craft internationally, Artdeco Creations has the ability to test and meet global expectations for quality and precision beyond local trends and markets.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Your canvas is so gorgeous.Love all the little details and the colours you chose.Fabulous!

Dana Tatar said...

Gorgeous work Sandie! This is such a great way to showcase some of your favorite things! Thanks for the inspiration! =)

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

uauuu gorgeous,love it

Riikka Kovasin said...

Gorgeous! <3

Lizzy Hill said...

I cannot believe you fitted all this on a 6x6 & you got sooo much gorgeous detail...the colours are incredible, too....stunning work:):):)

Margaret Mifsud said...

Stunning canvas. Such incredible colours and I love all the details ... so much to look at.

Norma Gomez said...

Sandie you did an amazing job on this canvas!! It is stunning!!! You blending the colors beautifully, this is a true work of art. Thanks for all the inspiration, hugs :D

Unknown said...

Gorgeous work as always Sandie!!! Just love the colours. Glad to know I'm not the only one with a fascination for keys :)

Unknown said...

Wow!!! I just love this one!!!