Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Illustrated Stories & Sketches - Art Journal Page

Hi Everyone, Norma here with you today!!   This is my last post as an official Zeus and Zoe team member so I'd like to take a moment to thank Marivic for the giving me this wonderful opportunity to share my creations with all of you.  I have truly enjoyed working with this amazing team of talented ladies and all of these fabulous Zeus and Zoe products!!   A huge THANK YOU to all of you Zeus and Zoe fans too!!!!!


I really wanted to share a fun project in my favorite mixed media style so I created this colorful art journal page.


My background was already started with left over sprays and stencils so all I had to do was pick a focal image.  I chose to use this beautiful vintage lady from my Zeus and Zoe kit.  I colored her in using Prismacolor pencils, distress inks and markers, Liquitex soft body acrylic paint and a Faber-Castell brush pen.  I simply fussy cut her out of the paper and glued her onto my colorful world ;D


I added swirls with Golden Molding Paste and a DecoArt stencil.  Then doodled around the top and bottom of the page.  I added pops of color with Golden Fluid acrylic paints.  The fluid acrylic adds tons of color while allowing the colors underneath show through.


I added bits of vintage news papers from my Zeus and Zoe kit to create my title and for scallops along the inseam of the page.


I doodled flowers here and there to add some yellow as an accent color.  I wrote "Dare to dream in bold bright colors" along the top.  I imagine that this is the way my vintage lady sees the world.  I have to say, I'm so loving this art journal page!!  It makes me so happy with all of the bright colors and doodles, it's how I see my world, lol.  

Well friends, thank you so much for visiting with me today!!  I hope my art journaling makes you smile too, HAVE A BEAUTIFUL/COLORFUL DAY FULL OF INSPIRATIONS!!!

HUGZ!!!

6 comments:

Cathi ONeill said...

I love this page Norma! I have to say you are making me want to buy a journal and try my hand at art journalling, it has been calling out to me lately!!!

Dana Tatar said...

Norma this page is fantastic! I LOVE the vintage lady and all the color! Thanks for sharing your tips. =)

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really cool and awesome! Love the mixed media, the layers and the vibrant colors! Spectacular!

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Beautiful AJ page, Norma!

Mulberry Mindy said...

Very colorful page, Norma. It does make me smile, because I love the bright and happy colors. Your tips have also helped me with my journal, and I thank you for your inspiration.
Mindy

Denise van Deventer said...

Stunning, vibrant and sooo creative! Beautifully done Norma!