Tuesday, June 11, 2013

A decorated ampersand by Yvonne Yam


Hello there! This is Yvonne. I've been seeing the ampersand popping up in a design element in many decor blogs and wanted to create my own. So I added some of my fave things to my wooden Typo ampersand...[perfect for this month's favourite things challenge]...


I started by covering the ampersand with Donna Salazar Designs textured paper...it has lots of wonderful fibers. I then inked it with some Ranger distress ink in antique linen. After that, I adhered a large piece of vintage crochet doiley from the Zeus and Zoe store. And some pearls around the perimeter of the ampersand.



I coated some Donna Salazar Designs paper diecut banners with Golden glass bead gel and then added a pendant from the Zeus and Zoe store to complete my ampersand. :)


8 comments:

Denise van Deventer said...

Sooo creative and beautiful Yvonne! Stunning!

Lizzy Hill said...

GLorious, gorgeous & so, so classically vintage. YUM!!!!!!!

Riikka Kovasin said...

Really beautiful!

Dana Tatar said...

I LOVE this piece! The texture is so fun and the pendant embellishment is fantastic. I can't wait to see what you come up with next! =)

Sandie said...

What amazing texture, and such a beautiful project... stunning Yvonne.

Unknown said...

Love this.That texture is gorgeous and I love that you went with cream/white.Fabulous

Norma Gomez said...

Hi Yvonne! Wow this project is gorgeous, I'm really loving all of the texture. Beautiful work :D

Unknown said...

So pretty and so Shabby Yvonne! This will be a great wedding present..Thanks!!